Working as an engineer at APT, you can get the satisfaction of helping to build a great company while also influencing the strategies of leading Fortune 500 companies. You are exposed to the workings of large corporations while having an impact at a small, tight-knit office. You can focus on innovative technical solutions while working closely with users to shape the software to meet clients' needs.
Why you should join APT’s Engineering Team
Have a direct impact on the direction of our software and on how businesses make decisions
- Be a member of a small and influential team developing a brand new software offering that will help change decisions for the more than $2 trillion in annual sales that APT processes.
- Do more than just add a "check-mark" to the page. Typical analytic innovation can lead to changed decisions worth millions of dollars.
- Get direct feedback from senior team members on a daily basis.
Work with brilliant teammates
- Our team members were the highest performers at the best schools, and our people are the key reason that the Washington Post ranked APT a Best Place to Work in the DC metro area.
Solve previously unsolvable challenges
- We tackle machine learning, find signals in a noisy environment, continually automate what users do with our software, creatively visualize data, and write patentable algorithms.
- Our code is rapidly deployed to our users, allowing fast feedback and innovation.
- Our agile approach to development means we can quickly navigate shifting priorities, capture new opportunities, and leverage new technologies.
- It's not uncommon to travel to a Fortune 500 customer's headquarters and get feedback on the feature to build directly from them.
- Participate in our frequent "Hack & Learn" hackathons; everyone including our CTO joins in on the fun.
- Use the time we set aside for "self-directed engineering" developing cool new features based on what you think will win with customers..
Our growth means we want you to grow fast too
- Lead teams after only a couple years out of college, present your work to the CEO, and share at firm-wide meetings (if that's your thing).
- We invest in our employees and many build long careers at APT; for those that decide to move on, many have successfully started new companies, joined startups, or joined famous software giants.