About the Position
As a Software Engineer at APT, you will apply your knowledge of computer science, math, and statistics to data gathered by retail stores, restaurants, banks, and other consumer-focused companies. The challenge is to create cutting-edge predictive algorithms and analytical techniques that can handle on-the-fly processing of big data sets across hundreds of dimensions and deliver this capability via cloud-based software-as-a-service to our customers. You will have the opportunity to build appealing interfaces that make discovering and visualizing data patterns simple for a user with limited training. The reward is well worth the effort as an elegant solution can create millions of dollars of profit in a single run.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to feature design, building, and testing. The range of work you encounter varies from front-end web development to writing server side calculation code to database work. There are no rigid organizational structures at APT; each team uses processes that work the best for that team's members and projects.
What does this mean for you?
- Engineers at APT have a real impact. Build features used by some of the world's largest organizations to make multi-million dollar decisions.
- Continuously innovate and determine new technologies and approaches to deal with larger and larger data sets faster and faster.
- Play a key role in shaping the direction of engineering processes through working on a small team empowered to organize and run the team as they see fit.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Highly motivated, creative, self-directed, and thrives in small project teams
- Development experience and strong technical competence with object-oriented programming
- Demonstrated analytical / quantitative skills
- Superior academic record at a leading national university