Project ManagerThe Project Manager position is currently available in the following offices: Washington, D.C.
About the Position
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning and coordinating projects for our Operations Team. The Project Manager will see the work from conception through completion, and help bring organization and process to the workflow within our fast-paced, dynamic encironment. This individual will play a big role in our expansion domestically and internationally, by guiding our Operations team to meet business goals in an efficient manner. This is a high visibility role and the Project Manager will work with APT's leadership and senior management to keep them informed of project milestones. If you are a natural relationship builder who's resourceful, solutions-oriented, and organized, and have an interest in tewchnology and innovation, this could be the role for you.
What does this mean for you?
You’ll work closely within the Operations team to drive measurable improvements to our business operations and project execution across multiple dimensions. You will use your strong communication and relationship building skills as you listen closely to stakeholder needs and articulate solutions. In this role, you will:
- Utilize your technical project management skills to manage project roles, identify resource requirements, and define project deliverables
- Analyze data to inform project requirements and work with team members to develop scope of work documents and project plans
- Document and communicate product requirements and identify project milestones
- Assign, schedule, review, and monitor project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget
- Regularly communicate project milestones and ongoing efforts to APT’s leadership and senior management
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with and among stakeholders and project team members, including organizing and conducting project team meetings
- Identify, track, monitor and communicate project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the implementation of IT projects
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- 5+ years of project management experience, experience managing complex projects, information technology projects preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- PMP certification is a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with wide range of partners and stake holders, at various levels
- Ability to develop, assist, motivate and supervise working project teams across disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and consistent communications to team members
- Sharp problem solving, business acumen, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Highly organized and process driven, but at the same time flexible and comfortable with making changes on the fly in line with business priorities
- Driven to succeed and desire to advance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Apply online using the APT Application to be considered for the position.
- Provide your resume and cover letter in a PDF form