Manager, Financial Planning and AnalysisThe Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis position is currently available in the following offices: Washington, D.C.
About the Position
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager position reports to the Senior Vice President of Finance. In this role, the FP&A Manager will have extensive interaction with all levels of the organization and will be responsible for delivering value-added business analysis and meaningful financial/operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision making. In this role, the candidate will work across all parts of APT’s business, collaborating with Finance, Product Development, Sales, Marketing and Client Services to analyze pressing business questions.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter, able to prioritize tasks, has excellent communication skills, experienced in analysis across a variety of tools, including SQL, and brings experience in corporate finance within a mid or large sized software or technology company.
Join a fast growing team
As a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, you will:
- Manage & assist in the development of a centralized, integrated database of all company performance data, sourced from multiple systems
- Develop a deep understanding of key business drivers & associated operations. Act as the ‘single source of truth’ for KPIs
- Engage with LOB leadership as a proactive, trusted financial business partner and drive business & operational performance to improve financial outcomes
- Scrutinize planning assumptions and present alternatives
- Credibly challenge under-performing areas of the business and recommend improvements
- Function as expert, objective advisor to business line executives
- Manage all financial planning, analysis & reporting
- Provide high value-added analytical support to facilitate strategic decisions for senior management.
- Support Leadership reporting needs by Geography, Vertical Business Unit, and Product Line
- Manage and prioritize the activities of the LOB FP&A team to meet all reporting deadlines as well as manage numerous process improvement initiatives
- Provide ad-hoc financial modeling, financial analysis and reporting
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as needed
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or Finance
- Candidates must demonstrate a high level of comfort with technology and know-how to leverage it in a business context for results.
- Ability to build and execute analyses/metrics from conceptual requirements and to frame associated recommendations
- Strong general business acumen; solid understanding of financial analysis/management, P&L
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams working with large amounts of data and to translate results into meaningful metrics and recommendations aimed at improving business performance
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to comfortably engage with and build trust with business partners at higher levels of seniority
- Bring a high degree of integrity to handle confidential information
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, including SQL.
- Advanced features of Excel and PowerPoint; experience with data discovery/business intelligence tools preferred, including Tableau, JMP, SAS and/or Qlikview
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Apply online using the APT Application to be considered for the position.
- Provide your resume and cover letter in a PDF form