IT Support SpecialistThe IT Support Specialist position is currently available in the following offices: Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Taipei
About the Position
APT is seeking an IT Support Specialist to work in its Washington, DC headquarters office. The employee will work in a small team environment with an experienced management team in a dynamic technology oriented company. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to build a long-term and exciting career in a rapidly growing organization. APT offers a collaborative, high-intensity and high-integrity work environment, competitive salary, health benefits and a 401(k).
What does this mean for you?
The position is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, backup and support of our Microsoft Windows workstations and laptops. This position is a technical, systems oriented position which offers upward mobility within the organization. Specific responsibilities would include:
- Rapidly and effectively diagnosing and solving all hardware and software issues
- Receiving, configuring, and installing laptops, workstations, and peripheral devices
- Maintaining and improving physical and technical infrastructure.
- Managing patch deployment with WSUS/SCCM
- Maintaining, enhancing, and testing client backup strategy
- Supporting and coordinating with remote offices and mobile team members
- Participating in server deployment and various data center initiatives
- Assisting the Systems Administrator and other team members with additional tasks and projects
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Drive to succeed and desire to advance
- Passion for technology and computers
- Experience operating and maintaining Windows desktops and laptops
- Familiarity with common challenges experienced by business users
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of business applications
- Experience as an IT Support Specialist or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Industry Certifications (desired but not required)
- Complete the online APT Application to be considered for the position.