Intern: User Experience DesignerThe Intern: User Experience Designer position is currently available in the following offices: Washington, D.C.
About the Position
APT is seeking a highly creative, energetic UX designer with a passion for creating intuitive and enjoyable front-end experiences for our flagship enterprise web application. As a User Experience Designer, you’ll partner with Product Management and UX to develop the next generation of our software’s user experience. You’ll be taking huge amounts of data and analytic workflows and creating an intuitive experience for our users. Your interfaces and interactions will be critical components which help our users make multimillion dollar decisions with confidence. This position offers the opportunity to help drive APT’s UX and to kick off a successful career in web application design.
- Contribute to all facets of design to make a great product
- Make interfaces that are beautiful and elegant
- Ensure information is structured in a way that makes the most sense
- Create interactions that are enjoyable
- Develop user interaction and interface deliverables, including sketches, wireframes, visual designs
- Collaborate with team members (product managers, front end developers, and other UX designers) through the entire design and development process
- Be a champion for users' needs from requirements gathering through implementation
- Experience in designing usable interfaces for web apps
- Passion for developing world-class user experience in the software world
- Good problem solving skills, attention to detail and critical thinking abilities
- Strong visual design sense (sample portfolio required)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Energetic, self-starter with strong communication skills
- Apply online using the APT Application to be considered for the position.
- For current students from US schools where we are on campus, please also apply through your campus careers website.
- Resume, Cover Letter & Undergraduate Transcripts are required (in PDF format).