Intern: Quality Assurance EngineerThe Intern: Quality Assurance Engineer position is currently available in the following offices: Washington, D.C.
About the Position
QA Engineers ensure that the features being developed work as expected and that the end user experience meets expectations. Utilizing both manual and automated testing techniques, they verify that the analytic outputs are sound to ensure that APT’s software suite can be depended on to guide fact-based business decisions worth millions of dollars. QA Engineers are responsible for keeping up with a rapidly moving engineering team and developing robust and efficient testing approaches to ensure a high quality product. They take full ownership of the quality of APT’s software as they help brainstorm test plans, conduct exploratory testing, validate analytics, and work along-side software engineers to facilitate quick and robust feature development.
QA Engineers are a key part of our small, flexible teams. QA Engineers work in parallel with software engineers to ensure software quality by providing rapid feedback throughout the software lifecycle. For those QA Engineers interested, they have the opportunity to work alongside APT’s Software Engineers In Test and develop front-end test automation using technologies such as Selenium and ensure the product is safe from future errors by building an excellent suite of regression tests. Working side-by-side with the entire feature team, QA Engineers are a critical part of APT’s development process.
What does this mean for you?
- Collaboration with exceptional peers.
- Committed mentoring and training by an experienced and driven management team.
- A dynamic environment where you will have an impact and make an immediate difference.
- Flexibility to work on many new and challenging projects.
- Creative freedom to innovate with new technologies and to explore a variety of directions.
- An immediate opportunity for increased responsibility, leadership, and professional growth
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Highly motivated professional with excellent attention to detail
- Individuals who are curious, creative, and interested in tackling challenging, open-ended testing problems
- Demonstrated analytical / quantitative aptitude
- Passion for open-ended, team-based problem solving
- Experience with Selenium & SQL is a plus, but not necessary
- Apply online using the APT Application to be considered for the position.
- For current students from US schools where we are on campus, please also apply through your campus careers website.
- Resume, Cover Letter & Undergraduate Transcripts are required.
- Provide undergraduate GPA, SAT/ACT and other scores as applicable on your resume.
- Provide your resume, cover letter and transcript in a PDF format.