Events ManagerThe Events Manager position is currently available in the following offices: Washington, D.C.
About the Position
As an Events Manager, you will be responsible for planning, marketing, and leading successful execution of customer-facing corporate events and tradeshows that support APT’s growth. This individual will play a hands-on role in furthering APT’s brand within the industry. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. If you are someone who is organized, and is looking for a role where you have ownership, and the opportunity to put on world class events, this could be the role for you.
What does this mean for you?
The Events Manager is a key member of the marketing team, who will lead the internal events team in planning and executing corporate events with best customer experience in mind. In additional to managing and improving existing events, this individual will help identify new events for APT that are in line with the company’s growth. In this role, you will:
- Research, plan, and execute APT’s corporate events, tradeshows, conferences, executive events, and other events that help drive branding and sales initiatives
- Lead and direct teams and collaborate with internal stakeholders to successfully manage effective planning and execution of corporate events
- Ensure that we can scale up the 60+ events through post-event tracking and evaluation
- Effective project management and delivery within agreed-upon timeline and budget
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in managing and executing corporate events, preferably within tech, banking, or consulting industries
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail, but at the same time flexible and comfortable with making changes on the fly in line with business priorities
- Prior team management experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Proven ability to manage events through entire lifecycle, from requirements gathering through delivery, on time with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with wide range of partners and stake holders, at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and consistent communications to team members
- Ability to prioritize and juggle competing tasks
- Sharp problem solving, business acumen, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Driven to succeed and desire to advance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Apply online using the APT Application to be considered for the position.